Thursday, September 21, 2006

beat dogs comic


I thought this one would go well with the previous beatnik post. This comic was done a month ago using regular pen, ink, and brush on good ol' bristol. I've had an idea for a comic like this for a while and it just kinda came out, sketching and writing directly onto the bristol. It usually doesn't happen like that. I normally do 8 1/2 x 11 layouts that I'll enlarge on the copier. I'll then lightbox onto the bristol. When it's my stuff, the layouts are enough to ink on the lightbox. With licensed stuff, like Billy & Mandy, I may tighten up before inks.

3 comments:

  1. I'm diggin' it.
    Fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool art here, Gary! Nice looking blog! Thanks for taking a look at mine! To answer your question -- No other art is needed for the HB merchandise book. Brian at Funko just wanted the 12 pieces that I did for him. Keep up the cool posts, Gary!

    ReplyDelete